MAD Freelanders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Folding wing mirrors doing thier own thing

Go down

Folding wing mirrors doing thier own thing Empty Folding wing mirrors doing thier own thing

Post by Guest Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:53 am

Hi
My folding mirrors are playing up.
Sometimes the N/S mirror wont fold back out, so I try the switch again, then the O/S mirror won't come out either.
I also noticed that the clicking from the relay stops and all is quite when I flick the switch instead of the click I normally hear.
If I leave it for 5 mins then they will fold out.
My suspicion is the relay but want to get some other ideas before I go replacing it.

Today this:
When I remotley unlocked the car - the mirrors folded in and wouldn't go back out.
Then driving up the road they came out, then a few minutes later they came back in again!
insane..

The garage have told me some old guff about it being a hot day and there is some sort of thermo switch in the mirror circuit, I'm not buying that!

Anyone else had this?

Back to top Go down

Folding wing mirrors doing thier own thing Empty Re: Folding wing mirrors doing thier own thing

Post by rcliffe Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:02 am

second opinion needed i think perhaps auto electrician or local independant l/r garage
rcliffe
rcliffe
Forum only

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-02-18

http://www.rjmotorcycles.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum